Ooops! your cart is empty
Please add some items to begin
The armchair came to prominence in the 18th century, and ever since, it has found a proud place in Australian homes. Here at RelaxHouse, we can help you find the perfect armchair that will complement your space. Shop our range of contemporary occasional chairs and high back armchairs for a harmonised and modern living room setup.
Luxurious, refined, and comfortable armchairs designed to suit any living room, home office, reading nook, and bedroom. They can be classic and lavish in design or a cozy chair to sink into after a long day with a good book.
• Luxurious, refined, and comfortable armchairs.
• Designed to suit any contemporary space – living room, bedroom, reading nook, home office.
• Armchairs can evoke completely different styles and moods depending on the size, upholstery, and design.
• Wide selection of different upholstery fabrics, including velvet, faux leather, and linen.
• Pair with hardwood or metal finishes, including ash, beechwood, rattan, steel, timber, and more.
• Shop armchairs online for Melbourne and Australia wide. Shipping within 3-9 days to Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, and more.
• Click and collect from our Melbourne showroom.
It is important to find the right look and feel. Fabric armchairs come in a fibre mix for strength, texture, and durability. Microfibre upholstery is a sensible seating option if you have kids or pets as it can be wiped down with a damp cloth. Our magnetic velvet chairs will instantly draw guests in and elevate your space. All velvets show natural shading and work well in more formal interiors. Linen upholstery is very comfortable on the skin, easy to care for and is extremely versatile. A faux leather armchair is also a very flexible option, as you can choose between a vintage leather look or a smooth and soft leather finish. It comes with the bonus of being easy to care for as it can be wiped down.
When purchasing an armchair, you should consider the overall style that you have in mind. Fabric lounge chairs are generally soft in line and come in wider range of colours – ideal for those wanting to add a pop of colour to an otherwise neutral room. Traditional armchairs are amazing for lounging with soft edges and upholstery. Contemporary arm chairs often have straight lines and coloured fabrics. RelaxHouse also has a selection of retro-inspired seats and modern seats that come in abstract shapes and bold colours. Whether you’re looking for a rustic farmhouse arm chair, a stylish Scandinavian-inspired chair that will bring a definitive air of warmth to a space, or a sophisticated faux leather seat, you’re sure to find the right piece at RelaxHouse. Check out this article for more styling tips How to style an accent chair according to an interior designer (countryliving.com).